Monday, May 25, 2015

Marcel

                                               *Some chose an object in place of a picture*



Where does your interest lie?

I’m really into philosophy and science. I like to think about what may be after death, the existential crisis, and messing around with DNA. In the Mayan religion, they would constantly look for meaning in their present life and the afterlife, something I find very interesting.

Usually, people aren’t very interested in something as complex as philosophy. Some find it too absurd to have a conversation based around it. So, how did it you get interested in it? 

I got interested in philosophy because sometimes I get into this “funk” state where I over think the problems of life and what may come after. For example, I’ll think about the problems of the government. By all means, I’m not trying to define myself as a conspiracist, I just think about the government’s problems and I want to fix them.

Can you elaborate more on your “funk” state?

Yeah, sure. I hate thinking about all the world’s problems because there’s just so much that is wrong. I guess you could say I want to be numb. I want to stop thinking about all the problems. When you’re alone with your mind. Thoughts can wander into territory that isn’t great so I’ll pick the most fascinating think to think about to avoid thinking about the bad things.  

What do you see yourself doing in the future?

I see myself being preoccupied with bioengineering. Like I said before, I like messing around with DNA so I would like to do something involving that. Maybe do some research?

Society likes to assume things. Do you find yourself struggling as a result of assumptions given by society?

Assumptions don’t hold me back from anything and I don’t care about them.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment