Friday, May 29, 2015

Alec


What are your interests in life? Passions?

I’m interested in a lot of things. Equality, health, reducing the stigma of psychedelics, learning and obtaining knowledge are all things that I love and wish to understand more of. I did my masterpiece on psychedelics so I guess you could say that that’s my top passion.

Why psychedelics?

Psychedelics and drugs in general have always been misunderstood. For a long time negative propaganda has stereotyped these drugs as having negative qualities when in actuality they, when used correctly, are helpful to society. As my interest grew, I began reading about drugs and their potential to cure some of the world’s largest illnesses.

It’s interesting to note the stigma that surrounds these drugs. Why do you think these claims, the stunted stigma, have survived?  

I think people just choose to think before they actually know. Their opinion forms before they have learned the facts and they refuse to change their opinion because then they would be wrong. Also the governments fight with the hippie movement in the ‘70s didn’t really help the cause.

Do you believe that there are any ways to get rid of the stigma that has surrounded psychedelic drugs?

By spreading information about drugs and psychedelics more people will become aware about how they can help. One of the biggest problems is that people don’t want to hear about the positive side of drugs so the more information that gets out, the better the fight.

As a graduating senior, where do you see yourself going with this? Any plans for college?


I see myself being involved in research. I know many will come my way, research involvement I mean, as a result of the pre-med track I’m pursuing. I specifically see myself researching the involvement of psychedelics, which can be difficult because some agencies over control some of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment