Friday, May 29, 2015

Jayce


So, what is it that you’re passionate about?

Well, as you can tell from my masterpiece, I’m interested in medicine and dance. I’m also interested in time travel and sociology. One of the things I don’t want in the future is to separate medicine and dance, one hobby. I want to be able to do what I love, and that means doing more than just one thing. I believe there’s another way than just numbing someone with drugs because it’s very impersonal and I feel it takes away the whole point of being a doctor. I think that the patient and doctor should have a mutual trust otherwise the patient will have to go down the road of illness alone.

You have a good point when it comes to that certain mutual trust between a doctor and a patient. Is there a specific instance, or event, that has taught you that ideal? What about dance?

Over the summer I participated in a mentorship program at Marian Medical Hospital. I have a strong medical influence from Dr. Desai, he has become one of my favorite doctors. I like to watch the Jabbawockeez, they’re a hip hop dance group. I like that they go away from the new hip hop scene and back to the old dance moves that made hip hop and funk great the way they were.

You’re going to be plunged down a metaphorical cliff, as a graduating senior going on to the next big event in your life.  Where do you see yourself in the next couple of years?

This year I’ll be going to University of California, Riverside, doing pre-med. I don’t just want to focus on my academics. I want to join clubs that share the same passion as me or who come from the same background, a minority and low-income student. If there aren’t any organizations or clubs that interest me, then maybe I’ll make one. I just want to be a part of a diverse group of people.

Society doesn’t like change often. It likes things constant and ideal to its views. How do you think society, or people of society, would respond to your passions, specifically dance?


I feel like people take hip hop the wrong way so yeah, I’m worried about the response I’m going to be undoubtedly be receiving. I’m specially worried because I’m more into the old stuff. I think people need to have a new, open mindset so that people don’t take it the wrong way and be reflective on people’s lives indirectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment